Would you convict someone of murder if you were convinced that they believed that God had instructed them to kill?

Even if you don't believe in God, you must remember that some people do believe in him just as strongly as you do not. That in mind, would you convict this person?

WhiskerLickins

Asked by WhiskerLickins at 8:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i don't care who your god is, he doesn't tell u to kill so yeah i would convict.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, they still committed murder.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• most definitely
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes because I don't believe God would tell them to murder. It is a sin.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, and then I'd track down the murderer's friends who also smoke the funny cigarettes that convince them "God told me to kill." OK, maybe not drugs but something would be wrong with their heads. They'd get some padded rooms and a snuggy jacket that keeps your hands warm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Absolutely. I don't believe in God, but if I did- I'm sure he wouldn't tell someone to go and kill.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• What god are you talking about? You sound like your talking about a crazy person. God would not tell you to go and kill someone...you go to hell when you take a life of someone..not heaven...therefore..maybe in the persons head they thought it was god..but it was the devil and always will be...thats sick and demented...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes cause they have something wrong in the head.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009