Does my DS need to go to the doctor?

He's been very congested since Monday and had a runny nose everyday... with green snot. He is 4 months old. They said he's been sleeping a lot during the day at daycare and I thought that he was sleeping to get better. Well last night he ate at 6pm and went to sleep and hasn't eaten yet since then and has been sleeping. Normally he would eat at 9 pm and then again at 4 or 5 am. Should I be worried? Does he need to go to the doctor?

mylittlemonkee

Asked by mylittlemonkee at 8:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think after this long he should be getting better, not worse. So yes, I would call the doctor at this point. Hope he feels better soon!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Green snot usually means infection so take him to the Dr.! Better to be safe then sorry!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:19 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• well the flu is going around just got over it. slept a lot too. sounds 2 me like he might have sinus problems usually when u have that u dont have a appitite to eat but i would give him plenty of liquids , pedialite . and as fr as dr.u should do what u feel is best. good luck.
    momof3102

Answer by momof3102 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• is he drinking enough fluids sounds like he could be a little lethargic, and green snot is infection. u should take him to the doctor make sure everything is okay
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 10:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• More than likely he has a sinus infection. My son had one a few months ago and didnt want to eat either just sleep. Definitely take him to the doctor to get some medicine.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, if the mucus is not clear that is a sign of an infection.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009