i go in a month to get an historectiamy. and all i want to do is cry and say in bed. the bad thing is that i want this i just fill like iam losing contral. i dont want to get on any meds just lost

batgirl800

Asked by batgirl800 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• Take it easy, slow down and take a deep breath.  It is not as bad as you think!  Are you having a partial, meaning they will leave your ovaries?  If so then you won't need HRT.

I had a partial hysterectomy 7 years ago and I have felt fabulous ever since.  If you need to talk more then feel free to pm me. 

Good luck!  Follow your doctor's recovery instructions to the letter and enjoy life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Stress will do this to you. Besides whatever symptoms are causing you to need the hysterectomy, there is the stress of the pre-op testing, the surgery, and the recovery. For hysterectomy there is also knowing that a part of you is being removed. It's scary, and its upsetting. You need to have it done -otherwise your doctor wouldn't have recommended it. And the feeling of losing control is normal. Breathe, and look ahead to when you are all healed up and feeling much better than you do now. You are in charge. You chose to find out what is causing your symptoms, you will choose to move on with your life as a strong woman. You can do it. ((hugs)) for you and prayers. Please keep us informed on how things are going.

Answer by Bmat at 8:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think many women fear this surgery because it causes them to fear losing their womanhood. Is the surgery absolutely necessary? If it isn't. then don't have it. If it is, then tell yourself that this is what is best for yourself at this time. Our emotions follow our thoughts, and you do have the power to change negative thoughts into more positive ones. It might help you to sit down and make two lists. Make one that contains all the negatives about your life right now. Then make another one listing all the positives. Most of the time, the positives will outnumber the negatives. And even if they don't, you can still choose to think about all the positive things you have for which to be thankful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i dont no were you live ,but i live in ca. yu need to get a three and four opinion before you do surgery; there is a better way, if you need infor just email me. there is good help there.dont give up!!!!
    sosobuttercup

Answer by sosobuttercup at 11:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had a partial (uterus and cervix only) at 40. I had very heavy periods (I could soak a heavy duty tampon in about an hour); I had HPV which was not going to go away; severe uterine prolapse which could have been treated surgically to retain my uterus; and my uterus was pressing on my bladder, so I would pee my pants anytime I sneezed, coughed or laughed. I also have two kids and we were completely without a doubt finished so I said take that sucker out.

If I had a chance to do it over, would I? You bet your sweet bumbum I would! No more periods, no more cramps, no more birth control, no more worries about birth control failure and no more peeing my pants! Best decision in the world for me!

I know this can be scary but if you trust your feelings about it being done just realize this is another chapter in your life and change can be wonderful! PM me too if you need more support!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 11:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have had one its not that bad, I also agree with crittermon, its really wonderful once you stop all the bleeding, cramps and etc. Really its going to be ok. You will and I mean you will feel sooooo
    much better. Good Luck!!!!
    Anonymous