Postpartum bleeding question

My son was born 1/31 -- almost 4 weeks ago. I had bleeding for right around 2 weeks when it seemed to stop completely for about 4 days. Then I had some more bright red bleeding (enough to need a pad) last weekend and I called the nurse and she said I probably overdid it - to take it easy for a day and it should stop. So I did, and it did, but now it seems like every other time I go to the bathroom, I have some spotting. It's more pink, not so much bright red blood like it was over the weekend. Is it normal to have spotting like this almost 4 weeks out? Just wondering. My post-partum checkup isn't till 3/13. Just wondering what anyone else has experienced.

Thanks!

ErinMarie123

Asked by ErinMarie123 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bled for 6 weeks and when i called the doctors office i was told not to worry unless I bleed in clots or heavier than usual. I think its normal
    Anonymous

• After my son I bled until a little over 4 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I bled for 6+ weeks. Sounds like what youre experiencing is normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Normal. Dont worry. I bled for the full 6 weeks, off and on. It would stop for a couple days, then start again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• With my first child I bled for 6 solid weeks, stopped for 2 weeks, and then started my first period even though I was nursing!!! So, I would say anything is possible. I wouldn't be worried about it AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T DOING TOO MUCH. GIVE YOUR BODY TIME TO HEAL!!!!!!!!
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 8:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This is normal-if it starts to have a sudden increase call your doctor but this is the normal healing of the inside of your uterus. Which basically means a drawn out period..:)
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 10:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I bled for a good 8 weeks off and on. I would think I was done and it would come back multiple times.
    Babygirl1971

Answer by Babygirl1971 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• With both my boys, I bled for 6 solid weeks, stopped for 2-3 days, then began my period. I didn't nurse either of my boys though, so maybe that made a difference. I would think that little spotting here and there, that it's normal. Just keep and eye on it and if it gets worse, call your Dr. =)
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I bled for 4 weeks or so and then when it had stopped for a couple of days I started a very heavy period! I mean going through a super tampon and pad in an hour or so. When I went for my 6 week the doctor said that it was definitely a period and went ahead and put me on birth control to back it off. I would say that if it doesn't stop, I would ask to see the doctor sooner
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009