Do you carry on your person or purse?

If you carry a pistol, do you carry it on you or in your purse/handbag? I can't find a holster that's not bulky for my Taurus PT 111, it's compact but not sub-compact. I would like one that is slender enough to carry either way. Which do you prefer? Any ideas/holster brands?

RugersMommy06

Asked by RugersMommy06 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't remember the brand but my hubby has this same gun and he said to do a yahoo search for "In waistband holster"
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I prefer a holster but I don't have any ideas for you on which kind to buy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Thanks Mommybrooke. I just want something with a clip because I never wear a belt. I'll check it out.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't...."carry", thank you. Yikes...is this the Old West? Or a ghetto?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• anon uh no, it's called right to bear arms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This is great testimony as to why we have to protect our rights to own a gun. I don't live in a bad area, I actually live on a farm in the country. Carry is just the term used, it's better than "packing heat" or as my husband would say.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• **didn't mean to add the word or and not sure why the link isn't clickable, but do cut & paste & check out the woman's story.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I do not. I don't know the first thing of handling a weapon so do not feel safe to carry "just in case." I'd likely injure/kill myself or an innocent person, or have it used against me, instead of it being for my protection.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:15 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have an REI bakcpack purse that has a zippered pouch in the back that easily carry's my .22 or my DH's .45 without anyone being able to tell. . And it's a great all around purse, sturdy, can carry water bottles and everything.
    http://www.rei.com/product/778773

What I have is an older version of this purse in the above link!
    My DH has a holster that he likes, but I'm not sure what brand it is. I could ask him tonight an get back to you, if you'd like.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009