Moving while pregnant.

Is it really as bad as I've heard?
should I get a lot of people to help?

gettingfat89

Asked by gettingfat89 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 18 weeks and we're moving next Thursday. We've hired movers. It's not worth risking your safety or that of your baby.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yeah. You shouldn't be lifting anything too heavy. It could cause a lot of problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• There isn't really anything you can't do while preg. Other than the obvious things...no smoking, drinking, drugs, roller coasters, maybe avoid roller blading, so on and so forth but for the most part you can do any physical activity you normally would until your body won't let you.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Depends on how pregnant you are! I am 27 weeks and we *may* be moving if the house we have found is as good as we hope. We will have a friend to help DH with the major furniture but everything else I can do.

If you were ordered to take it easy, obviously moving wont be good and you will need more help but you are not crippled while pregnant. Many women worked in fields, gave birth in fields, and continued with their day lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'll be about 33 weeks when we move next month. I plan to pack some boxes up but I'm not lifting A THING. you shouldn't either. Find some high school kids or something that want to make a few bucks to help you out.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thats dumb i just moved a month ago and im 31 weeks now no dont carry anything heavy but there is nothing wrong with moving while you are pregnant
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009