feelin like i am ready to jump

i need a brack i feel bad bc its mostly from my lil girl i love her so much but she has just warn me out in the past week. she has been really sick in the ER twice and now she is better she is teething wakin up a lot at night and when she is up she is just walkin around cryin. i cant get my hubby to help with much. we have two dogs a great dane and a boxer and we live in a apartment. hubby dosent help much with them either. i am so stressed out i just dont know what to do. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to try and relax with out really spending money???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I would utilize any possible sitters that you have. Even if it is someone to come sit while your dd is napping. We all need breaks and that just makes us human. I would try your hardest to take a little bit of time for yourself, it will make you a better parent when you come back. Take a nice bath, a nap, read, window shop. I would also have a convo with hubby about the fact that you are getting burnt out and need a little help with the household duties. He may not know how you feel so he doesn't feel the need to step up. Good luck and take a deep breath!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would first of all get rid of the dogs. I'm guessing hubby is the one who wants those. If he's not going to take care of them, then out they go. Our paper has a free advertising place where you can give them to good homes. Check into it. Then I would put that baby in the car or the stroller if I didn't have a car, and I would get out of that apartment. I would go to visit someone where I could talk to another adult, or I would go to a store and windowshop, or I would just take a walk. Even if it's cold where you live, bundle up and get out from those four walls. A change of scenery will always lift your spirits. Tonight after the baby is in bed, take a long soak in the tub, light some candles, put on some perfume, and your nicest nightie. Make yourself feel special and don't wait for someone else to do that for you. You are worth doing something special for yourself. Use your imagination, see what else you can do
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Take the advice, it will work... My hubby is away for work weeks at a time but when I need a breather I just load up our 5 yr old and go for a drive. We just moved here and I don't really know my way around,lol we took our jeep and got lost for a little while,.lol. Our 5 yr old looked at me and said "mom im ready to get home" I said umm i would but I'm not sure where we are,lol We took some rock roads and got all turned around,lol. We drove for 2 hours,lol the first hour I was ok, the last hour I was beginning to worry,lol It made me feel really good to get home! Try it, but I recommend you take a gps, I know we will,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Also, there are lots of communities that have a "stress relief" FREE sitting service for parents that need to take a break. They will usually watch your baby for up to 4 hours all for free, just to let you destress. Check at your local community center or family services department to see if your town offers this kind of thing. Then you can just go home, take a nap or a shower, read or just chill out without the baby. Its hard work and easy to stress out. We've all been there! Just hang in there and keep on pushing through...teething will end and things will get better.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009