For anyone that has take Zofran...

Did you take one everyday when you woke up to keep you from getting sick, or did you only take one when you were feeling bad? My thing is, is that once i get sick, i cant keep ANYTHING down, so its pointless to take one, and I dont want to waste it, but then again I dont want to take one everyday if its not helping anything since they are soo pricey!! Someone suggested that they take one every morning as soon as they get up, just wondering if anyone else did this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I broke all the pills in half, took one when I woke up, then around lunch or later. I usually took 3 a day. I stayed home for 4 months just laying around and getting sick. I went from more than 10 times a day to 3-4. I would try doing the early morning pill, rising slowly and putting a little something in your stomach.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I spent almost a grand on Zofran and lost ten pounds and was still hospitialized for dehydration until I discovered acupuncture which was WAY cheaper and the effects lasted a week so I only had to go once a week for a month and I was eating right way and keeping it all down!!! It was amazing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am having a really good experience with it and my last pregnancy they had me hospitalized 4 times for a week each in the first 3 months cause I couldn't even keep down water. I am so grateful for zofran this time...Start taking it every 8 hours for three or four days and after that just take it when you need it...thats what the doctor told me and after taking it every 8 hours for about a week I don't feel like I need to take it every time anymore! You might even throw up the first couple times you take it just try and take and sit or lay down for a couple minutes to try and keep it down even if you throw up don't take another for eight hours....and still try and eat small meals that are dry not greasy...just cause you are on zofran doesn't mean it is going to take the morning sickness completely away...it will just take it down to a normal level. Good luck and if you want to talk more I am here.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i had to take two 4 mg pills every 6 hours.
    it helped a lot.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009