does any one have breast cancer in earily 30,s

childcare4ever

Asked by childcare4ever at 9:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• Not me, but a friend whom my daughter is named after was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 28.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It's not as uncommon as we think. When we get medical advice on getting mammograms in our 40's...well that's because the medical community uses that number as an average age to start getting them. Typically they find more women get breast cancer in their 40's and up. That doesn't mean however that you can't get cancer in your teens, twenties and up.

I'm not sure if you personally are fighting it. I couldn't tell from your question if this was personal or not. If it is...or even if it's for someone you know...just remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Blessings my dear!
    madetobeamom

Answer by madetobeamom at 10:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had a friend who developed breast cancer in her early 30"s.  Sadly it claimed her life a couple of years later.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i am 39 years old and was just diagnosed with early stage breast cancer.
    sharbos

Answer by sharbos at 6:46 PM on May. 4, 2009