• In the Spotlight:

What kind of unique punishment do you have for your kids?

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• i sometimes make my kids hold books above thre heads. and sometimes i make them do push ups and flutter kicks depending on what they did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• LOL, Well, my oldest son has PDD-NOS (high-functioning autism) and has a major fascination with the washing machine and vacuum. When he was younger we would take away the washing machine (watching the frontloader spin) and vacuuming privileges and it worked like a charm! My mom thinks she has the only grandchild in the world who would actually consider this a punishment ;-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Since my daughter loves her Wii, she loses Wii priveledges for a week if she does somthing bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I threaten to call Santa or the Easter Bunny and tell them they won't get ANYTHING if they keep up their bad behavior. I've even programmed fake numbers into my cell phone for both of them and I do pretend like I'm calling. It works everytime!!!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 9:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my son only 2, so we've started the stand at the wall with ur hand behind ur back. for while now we've progrssed to the wide open stance leaning against the wall, also done flutter kicks, we are doing it military style
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 9:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When I used to live with my nephew my husband and I did this:

We took a picture of my nephew (3 years - old) at his little table, the room and the table were a MESS behind him and all around him and he made a sad face. Then we cleaned up the room and took the same picture with him smiling. We put it on a chart that said "CLEAN UP!" and laminated it. Then we hung it low where he could see it all the time. When he cleaned up he got to put a sticker on the clean up chart, if he didn't clean up then he didn't get a sticker. He eventually started cleaning up all on his own!! He actually stopped playing and said this one time out of the blue "I think I'll go clean up my room and get a sticker." And then by God he did it!!! It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen a child do...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my husband is military if it's bad enough he bootcamps them. jumping jacks to down to push ups and running in place. Their 12 and 15 so it s a great punishment. Me I'm meaner I make them write reports on their bad behavoir. Haha. Three pages as to why what they did is wrong. They both start begging and crying when I say I have had enough so get a paper and pencil.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my son lost video games privledges and will not have them back for a while...we spank but it doesn't really work. I would make him do chores but there is a certain way I have to have everything done so it drives me nuts when anyone else does it lol
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 10:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We used to make them write bible versus....or the ten commandments.. then we did the corner thing.... now we live by a library ( 3 houses down) and the kids love computer... and TV. depending on the offense it is loss of computer time for that day or in yoour room for 15/min or 30/min. depending or no video games...my 11 y/o just diagnosed with ADD. does his homework and then forgets to turn it in .. ( we watch him do it) so if he gets 3 or more assigments not turned in he gets no computer for a week. that is devestating to them... cuz at 3 p.m. in my house it is an hourly turn..on the computer because there are so many kids...7 use it but 4 want on it all the time so from 3-7 p.m. is computer time and then showers/homework.. or if everyhting is done... start on computer if they want it again... weekends the rule is no computer/library for kids till 1pm. gives them time to do chores or stimulate their minds differenty
    jzonewood

Answer by jzonewood at 10:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My parents used to make me call my grandmother and tell her what I did bad.... (Like say the S-word when I was like 8).. that sucked. So as payback, when my daughter is old enough and she does something bad, I'm totally have her call them.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 11:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009