DID YOU KNOW...................

THAT 50% OF VOTERS PAY NO INCOME TAX?
But they help to put into office a man who wants to keep upping the taxes for people who create jobs. Means fewer jobs. Smart? Need a job today? Too bad.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:33 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep! Actually I thought it was more like 44%, but close enough! Things have changed in the past 5 years!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yup. It's about time the poor had a say in who leads this country rather than just the rich. Now we can start moving in the right direction. Do you think people want to be poor? Do you thing people like living paycheck to paycheck and still getting behind? There are a lot of honest, hard-working Americans who are doing the best they can for their families and just getting by. They have just as much say in who leads this country as those idiots getting millions of dollars in bonuses that they didn't earn. Now, maybe I am just weird but I actually look forward to the day when my husband and I make enough to pay taxes and not get any back. It is my civic duty to pay taxes to support our soldiers, sailors and thse who are struggling to get by. Guess what? Not everyone is opposed to paying taxes and I look forward to it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The poor are poor, because they made poor choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• And some of us who are living paycheck to paycheck and just getting by see our taxes going up and up and up and that paycheck getting smaller and smaller because of it, but because we are working people, not getting all kinds of free social services we are less and less able to get by, and we are getting angry with freeloaders who vote in politicians who take OUR hard earned money and give it to lazy bums who sit around on their fat butts and whine for more freebies and handouts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree with anon :48
    We make good money and we don't mind paying higher taxes.Maybe you just not are a good business owner. How whining and blaming will help your business to grow??????
    Anonymous

• No, the poor are poor because they have never been given an opportunity to succeed. Of course only someone who has never experienced being poor would say something as assinine as the poor are poor because they made poor choices.
    Anonymous

• You do not have to be GIVEN a chance to succeed. You were born with a good brain and a body. that is all you need. USE that brain and get a job using that body and WORK hard. I started out with what I would bet is far less than probably 95% of you here and I clawed my way up to middle class without being GIVEN anything. If you are willing to work instead of whine, you could do the same. It isn't easy, and there will be times you will go to bed with every muscle aching, but unless you are lazy you CAN succeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• wow :52 could you spare a bit of compassion for others? You must not be Christian to say something like that. Lots of poor people haven't made poor chices..it's just how life has worked out for him. I hope you never find yourself in need.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Anon 10:04... actually, you have no idea who you are talking to so you might want to lay of the accusatory tone. You do not know me or what I have been through which is probably a heck of a lot worse than you could even dream about.

It is not laziness that keeps people from getting ahead it is a lack of opportunity. There is more to getting ahead than just going out and getting a job (especially in the current economy where there AREN'T JOBS TO BE HAD!). Haven't you opened your eyes and seen the news lately? Thousands waiting on lines for 32 positions at a new water park? Hundreds waiting for an interview for one of 12 openings? Where do you propose people "get a job" when there are so few available?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Actually, do you who was the first person who made "the poor are poor because they made poor choices" social policy? Adolf Hitler. The idea of "the poor are poor" came from Herbert Spencer, one of Hilter's favorite authors.

So, do you still want to associate yourself with this phrase?

(Here's the wikipedia article about Social Darwinism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2009