Do your kids make their own breakfast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope i do it.. Hez 5 and cant really reach anything... Plus i like to make it...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My child is eight and he does sometimes, because he wants to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My son is 4 and if the milk is low I let him pour it into his bowl. Same with the cereal. The kids also like to butter their own bread if they are having toast or what not. My 3 yo dd likes to butter and she's good at it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no, my step daughter mainly eats breakfast at school, but sometimes when she does eat at home she will pour her own cereal, but i pour the milk. my step son is almost 5 and i don't let him do any of it because he would pour out the whole bag. lol. but they do help us when we make a big breakfast - eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fried potatoes, etc. they like to help cook and do dishes
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My kids do. They're 9,6 &4. The only time I intervene is when the gallon of milk is too heavy or full for them to lift. Aside from that, they decide what they want before school and make it. It's only usually microwaveable oatmeal, pop tarts, toast, donuts or cold cereal. That's easy enough for them.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Both my kids are independent. My daughter is 7 and when she wants instant Oatmeal she makes it herself. Puts the water in the micrwave and when it is done she puts the water in her bowl. She makes her own cereal to. Nothing else though because she isn't allowed to touch the stove. But my 11 year old does very well in the kitchen. Makes his grilled cheese when he wants or either he will scramble him self an egg or whatever it is he wants. By the time I get in the kitchen they normally have eaten and cleaned their mess. They also do their own laundry. I don't have to touch it unless its one of those summer days and they are a complete mess. But other wise they basiically do most things I could do for them
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yep. My older kids are 8, 7 and 6 and they get their breakfast every morning. They usually have cereal or toast/English muffins with butter and jelly. I'm starting to teach my oldest how to make instant oatmeal in the microwave. The only time I get involved is if the milk is too full but my son has been doing a good job of pouring it lately (he's 7). The only time I make breakfast is on the weekends if I feel like it but they are usually up and have already eaten when I get up. They also get breakfast for their almost 3yo sister. They have been getting their own cereal since they were about 5.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• No, I usually have it waiting for them and they see who can get dressed the quickest to get to the breakfast.
    pams4

Answer by pams4 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I make a breakfast every morning to make sure the kids really eat well and don't just skip breakfast . Its my job. ;-) My most important job. Then I go to work.
    Anonymous

• No, I'd have no food in the house if they did.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009