• In the Spotlight:

Florida Vacation for cheap?

My husband and I want to take our two girls to the beach for a few days but we don't want to spend that much money. We live about 30 minutes away from Daytona Beach and can go there all the time so we want to try out something on the west coast since we have never been there. Anyone have any ideas of where to go that isn't that expensive?

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 9:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I know here in CA sometimes we get contacted by telemarketers inviting us to timeshare presentations and if you go and listen to them talk for a few hours you get a paid vacation to Florida (just air fare and hotel). Some of them are actually legit and I know a few people who have gone. Maybe they have something like that from Florida to Cali?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have planned lots of vacations, and I really don't see how you plan to go from FL to CA for cheap even if you drive. The airfare alone to CA from here would be $1500-2000.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 11:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my husband and i went to Disney World for our honey moon...and our flight, hotel, and Disney tickets for 6 days was only 1000 total! we were in FL for 8 days, if you want to take the kids to Disney i would take them on a off season...we went in November, PERFECT time to go! your not spending your whole day in line, and its not too hot! and Coco beach is only like 45min away from Disney! good luck

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't want to go the West Coast as in California...I want to go the beach on the west Coast of Florida....you know like Tampa or something.......I just have never been to that side of the state....lol even though I have lived in Florida my whole life....as u can see I don't travel very much.
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 1:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009