MORE OF THE SAME?

SOCIALIST BULLCRAP........

Talk about stifling growth but ensuring that DEMOCRATS never get out of the Whitehouse. Need a job? Too bad. Small businesses aren't hiring and WON'T BE for a long time. PRESIDENT DUMMY............
Challenging the Unions' Anti-Growth Agenda

Big Labor's Agenda Is Bad for U.S. Workers and the Economy

An emboldened labor movement is pushing an aggressive activist agenda that would impose new and costly regulations on businesses, disrupt the way businesses are run, and stifle the U.S. economy. This agenda may be good for union bosses and the grab for power, but it's bad for U.S. competitiveness, bad for our economy, and bad for American workers.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And now unions are a bad thing? Ummmm..... no. Sorry, I'm a union leader daughter and I wouldn't be where I am had it not been for the work of the unions to make sure that AMERICAN workers are given a fair wage and decent insurance and working conditions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Link to your story,please.
    And I would like to see link what will show that unions are socialistic bullcrap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• NO.

This info is easily found on Google, and something anyone debating politics would consider to be common knowledge.

I'm not doing anymore of your work for you, I already pay LOTS of taxes.
    Don't be LAZY.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Well then I don't believe this question warrants further insight. As you are refusing to quantify where you are receiving your information from a legitimate forum.... then you obviously are only looking to throw things out there without real research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My grandfather was part of a union and paid union dues for 40 years and just 2 years ago they dumped him. No heath care, no pension, no nothing now. Do you know the reason the gave him?

Because when the union was formed they didn't plan on it's members living so long. Nice huh?
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• She's following the logic of beaurocracy where for example 2 people are hired at approximately the same time. One excells at their job, the other does satisfactory. However, the satisfactory employee is promoted for having started one month earlier than the one who excells (this happened to my husband once - both employees left and found better positions)

That's just one example of how many union policies can frequently go against the capitalist idea that we reward innovation, hard work, and excellence and that by rewarding this in turn companies and consumers will benefit from lower costs, better products, services and ideas.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• ANONYMOUS 10:02,

I doubt your "insight" will be missed.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Of course not mustbeGRACE because you only want to hear from people who conform to your small world-view. You post on an open forum you should expect that not everyone is going to agree with you and the insults you throw out only insult yourself, not the person you are trying to insult. I'm a bigger person than that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• And I would like to see link what will show that unions are socialistic bullcrap.

I suggest you start with a history book
    If you can't find one, you can try here: http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/subject/trade-unions/index.htm
    Then you can go read some socialists' take on it: http://www.isj.org.uk/index.php4?id=54
    Including their take on the importance of unions to Socialist Venezuela: http://www.isj.org.uk/?id=328
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• O, I can find one, but why do I need to refer to anything other than my own "small world view?"

I am a business owner.
    I won't provide links for things that are easily researched for yourself.
    Attitude about whether unions are good or bad are subjective, depending on your world view.
    I happen to think that if someone opens a business, NO ONE should have a say in how the business is run except the owner.
    If employees don't like the way the business is run, they should find a job elsewhere.
    Or open a business for themselves, and therein lies the problem.
    It takes a certain amount of intelligence and a certain skill-set to be a business owner, not everyone has these and they are frustrated to admit it. So they want to go and take something that doesn't belong to them and try to run it through unionization, and always run it into the ground.
    IF THE UNIONIZED IN THE CAR INDUSTRY CAN'T MAKE IT GO, WHO CAN?
    THE BOSS, IF LEFT ALONE!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009