WHO THINKS................

that Mr. Obama is using the current economic/financial meltdown as an opportunity to push through his Socialist agenda for America. If you don't believe it is Socialist, why not?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Exactly what is PRESIDENT Obama's agenda? Would you rather the government does nothing about the economy and lets this country sink and fail even further?

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope. Obama is not a socialist. As a matter of fact there are so few true socialists. I love how the word socialist is thrown around like people actually understand (and can apply its meaning) to things when they really have no clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes I agree, people are just clinging to anything different.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Why you believe it's socialist agenda?????? How many socialist countries are you visited or lived??????

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• To answer jackalswife, YES! I would have rather done nothing. You can't spend your way out of debt and this spendulus bill is the finger in the dike. No one who is successful didn't have a few failures on the way.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes, I do.. if he had his way.. we wouldn't be allowed guns either.. so that we couldn't overthrough him..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Do you think we should do away with alimony, public schools, put patients with dementia on the street, put mental patients with no family/income on the streets? These are all taking from one person and giving to another. The list can go on. There are already 'socialists' programs in place it just depends on how you view them.

I personally choose to work so I can buy extras and know that my happiness is dependent on me. I don't choose to get on here and whine that life sucks, business sucks and Obama is ruining my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• From your dictionary.com:

socialism Finance Definition
    A political system that believes in society as a whole sharing ownership of property and the means of production, rather than allowing private individuals to acquire them. The government is heavily involved in providing for citizens’ needs, such as medical care. Socialism contrasts with capitalism, which is based on competition and little government involvement. In capitalism, individuals must provide for their own needs.

I LIKE TO PROVIDE FOR MY OWN NEEDS WHEN I CAN.
    I'm not into extorting the other guys stuff when I didn't earn it, by way of the government redistrubuting stuff to me after it has been taken it from some working fool.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am not in agreement with all of the bailouts. We are just throwing money out the window and are being taken advantage of. We are told we need growth of new jobs. Yep, we do. But why do we need to study the Marsh Mouse? Why do we need tattoo removal money??? Our president stood in the House on Tuesday night and told us the stimulus had no earmarks. Well, how did that come about???? Last I saw there were quite a few earmarks. This next one on the floor yesterday has 9,000 earmarks. Now I admit I am not a college graduate and I only have a HS diploma. But, I can add and I can smell a pig when the air stinks of one.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't blame Obama, I think he's just a puppet. But I do agree with what you said otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009