Teenage Pregnancy: Sarah Palin& John Mc Cain

With teenage pregnancy on the rise if John Mc Cain had won the presidency what message would it send to our teenage girls if the Vice President (Sarah Palin) has a daughter who is a teenage unwed mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm glad those 2 didn't make it to the white house. I mean, whether we like it or not, the president, vice-president and their families are role models for our children. I am glad that a decent family is in the white house. I don't want my children seeing an unwed teenager who couldn't keep her skirt down as a role model. And that is supposed to be the party of "family values????"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Better than if the VP (Sarah Palin in this hypothetical scenario) had murdered her child and promoted the idea that this is okay to many young girls who couldn't possibly understand the full ramification of what they are doing and how they will feel about it for the rest of their lives.

PS. She's married. And as the Times online put it "She turns 18 on October 18, a respectable age for a bride — and the same age as Barack Obama’s pregnant mother when she married his Kenyan father."

Doesn't matter though, she didn't win and we have bigger issues to face like the crazy porkulus packages 1 2 and 3.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Who cares and why would that matter? Her daughter didn't chose to be born to a potential vice president! She is a teen just like every other teens. If anything, it would have shown that it CAN happen to anyone, and it is OK to face your "mistakes" if you would like to call it. Although I don't consider them mistakes. No matter what, teens will be teens. Why would it make a difference if it was Sarah Palins daughter? At least she owns up to what she does and takes responsibility.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think the message it might send is they are human beings just like the rest of us and they have kids that make unwise choices and they have raised those kids to own up to those choices and live with the consequenses right out where everybody can see it, not hiding or disposing of the evidence so nobody knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The same message it sends to have a president who was born to a teen mother who wasn't married for the conception.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Makes no difference to me. Just means Sarah Palin has alot of the same issues in life as we do.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't want my children seeing an unwed teenager who couldn't keep her skirt down as a role model. And that is supposed to be the party of "family values????"

You shouldn't talk about the president's mom like that
    Anonymous

• If Palin couldn't raise her own children well enough not to become teenage mothers she shouldn't have any part in running a country. Looks like she needs to quit work and stay home and be a mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Anon 11:14. I was talking about the Palin girl. But yes, the president's mother was a single parent who was married when Barack Obama was born, BTW (She was married in February 1961, Barack Obama was born in August). Something Palin hasn't yet done... actually signed a marriage certificate. Again, the Republican party is supposed to be the "family values" party but instead Palin has a daughter who is an unwed, teenage mother who still isn't married and probably won't as the boyfriend is probably just as much a drug-addict as his mother is. So glad that family isn't near the white house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• that they are wrong, they are out of touch,,,, same as if they didnt win,,, they could have never won... africa!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:31 AM on Feb. 26, 2009