Ughh ;;

Im 34 weeks pregnant & it seems like every night im woken up because i feel like everything in my stomach is just sitting in my esophagus.... I tried tums, but they didnt seem to really do anything & talked to my doc about it & she suggested tums soo....

Its like burning & like its just sitting in there, its freakin gross & very uncomfortable..

Any suggestions on what other to do because tums didnt relieve it at all... I try not to eat right before bed... & i try not to eat heavy things a couple hours before bed... But its still happening....

Also i heard that it could mean the baby has alot of hair??....

I dunno, any suggestions.
Thanks ladies :]

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm going through the exact same thing. About twice a week, it gets so bad that I have to throw up. It's awful, but it's just part of pregnancy so I'm told by my doc.

I have found that sleeping propped up is very helpful. I also avoid spicy foods or anything heavy right before bed, and drinking water because it seems to aggrivate the acid reflux. Lately, I've been having those attacks during the day, but a cup of yogurt seems to cure it. For nighttime, I pop Tums like it's candy. It doesn't cure it, but it certainly helps!

GL!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Try sleeping propped up a bit. Either a few pillows or ins a recliner. Also avoid anything acidic, like orange juice. Hang in there, the end is in sight!
    I don't know how much truth there really is to the old wives tale, but I had wicked heartburn and my dd had a ton of hair!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• same happens to me lol try a glass of milk when it happens that seems to help me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would prop up your mattress or pillows... to a more sitting position.. I have heard it means more hair on baby... i had it too and mine all had great heads of hair... hang in there it wont be long... and Congrats...
    jzonewood

Answer by jzonewood at 11:16 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have that every single night and have for the last 3 months. It is terrible...but i've kinda got used to it. Milk is supposed to help but it doesn't help me, I also have zantac to take, but it doesn't help, and my dr says we can try prilosec or prevacid but don't see the point.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2009