As a Christian, is it ok to have a child out of wedlock?

There seems to be so many right wing religious types on here, and an overwhelming number of young single moms, makes me curious...if this is you, how do you reconcile that in your head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My heart tells me what is wrong and what isn't. Not a book, or a church.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• angryYOU ARE NO BETTER THAN US. GOD LOVES US AND HAS GIVEN US THE CHILD SO GO ASK HIM THIS DUMB QUESTION

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Wow, I wasn't expecting that kind of anger and I never once said that God didn't love you. I'm seriously asking if its ok and why. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, I'm just so interested in very religious people and how their brains reconcile this stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• And as far as God giving you the child, I thought you weren't supposed to have premarital sex?
    Anonymous

• IM A CHRISTIAN AN DID CONCIVE OUT OF WED LOCK!! i PRAYED ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP AND IF THIS WAS WERE I SHOULD BE WE WERE NOT PLANNING A FAMILY IT HAPPENED TO BE VALENTINES DAY 5YRS AGO WE HAD BEEN TOGETHER FOR 1YR. THE NXT MO. I HAD NO PERIOD AN NEW RIGHT AWAY HE WAS SHOCKED AN IT TOOK HIM A WHILE TO EVEN COME AROUND. AT 4MO. HE STILL WOULDNT TOUCH MY TUMMY AN WAS PUT THROUGH A BIG VERY HARD TRAIL THAT BROUGHT HIM TO GOD BEFORE HE BROUGHT HIM TO ME.BY 8MO. WE WERE HAPPY AN READY FOR A FAMILLY. GOD HAS A PLAN FOR US ALL.
    Anonymous

• JMO ,,People that are true christians,,do not have sex tell they are married..So they can not get pregnant out of wed lock..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It's not OK in that people should be having sex outside of marriage. But if someone gives into temptation and gets pregnant, it's certainly better to have the child than to have an abortion. Hopefully the single mother would realize the error of her actions and turn back toward her faith for her and the child's sake. Anyone who seeks repentance for past sins and starts to live their faith should be admired - single or married, with a child or without.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Anon 10:45, that's what I thought too...so if it was God's plan, maybe God wants us to have premarital sex? Or only the chosen should and the rest have to wait? Its all so confusing...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• 10:48, I am in no way suggesting abortion as an alternative, I'm just asking how you reconcile an out of wedlock baby (which you answered, thank you!), I'm not saying at all that the child should be aborted, I just want to be clear on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I was/am a true christian. I went through a rough time where I wasn't where I should have been with my walk with God and I was having sex with my boyfriend. I was sinning. There was a consequence that came with sinning.

In God's eyes- a sin is a sin. So telling a lie is no different from having premarital sex. As long as the person has asked for forgiveness then everything is okay. But the key is to repent and not go back to that sinful life that you just repented from.

No one is perfect. God understands that.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2009