how do i deal with my child screaming?

ihearttyler210

Asked by ihearttyler210 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Like a tramtrum.....if so let him scream it out..
    My DD did all that stuff and Icould not get her to stop.
    Until I stopped, I stopped giving her attention when she did it..
    I would just calmly say when you are done we will talk.
    Most of the time children act like that because they want attention of some sort.
    My DD no longer does it because when she did I would just say..let mommy know when you are done and we will talk..
    She realized that she was not going to get what she wanted they way she was acting..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Good answer Dannee. I would say the same thing...My DS has started doing that. I would say about a week and a 1/2 now. At first I was worried about him hurting his throat, and would ask that he stop. I tried distracting him with something else too. However, I think it was when I ignored the display that it got thru to him. Every now and then it might happen again, but I will get down to his level talk to him softly so he has to stop screaming to even hear me, and try to get him to put into words what the problem is. Of course that is hard too, he's very limited still in his vocabulary. But it seems to be working.
    AZia1975

Answer by AZia1975 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have a 3year old daughter, and she used to have tantrums to get her way. So when she would start i would tell her to go in her room close the door and when she was finished she could come out. and now when she feels she want to have a (moment ) she will say im going to my room and she would stay there on her own until she has cried out her (moment) and then she will come out and say im finished. Then she will get her toys and began to play.
    Shekinahnswadi

Answer by Shekinahnswadi at 1:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009