Any mommies out there with kids who have supernumery teeth?

My husband noticed yesterday that our daughter, who will be two in May, has ANOTHER tooth coming in behind one of her front teeth!! Apparently it's pretty rare, I was wondering if anyone else's kid had this problem?

She has a dental appointment on Monday, just wondering what I should do until then...

weezer_cookie

Asked by weezer_cookie at 11:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMGNESS -.-; My daughter is only 15 months and she only has 4 teeth and she already has something like that. Behind her front right tooth there is like, a fragment of another tooth behind it, I have no idea what it is or why its there :( And IDK what to do about it..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm a Dental Assistant. You don't need to do anything unless its bothering her and then just do whatever has been relieving her teething pain in the past. Are you sure is is a supernumerary tooth, it could just be a tooth that is completely out of position.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes I had the problem as a kid. I am also missing my second tooth between my front teeth and canines. So far two of my kids out of three are also missing this tooth as adults. It's hereditary.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had that problem when I was a kid. My daughter is almost two as well but she seems fine.
    the dentist did something other then pulling it out I don't know all the details about it but it never grew back. I have a tooth in the front where it is smaller cause the tooth that was growing was bigger so the dentist took out the bigger one.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks! I'm not sure if it's bothering her or not, it might explain why she's been so cranky these past couple of months.

Or it might be because she's almost two LOL
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 1:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009