just a question???!!

Has anyone taken a pg test from the dollar tree or dollar store??? And i mean are the accurate??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as it wasnt expired it should be fine i personally wouldnt trust them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i am totally against home test. i took one and it said no and i am almost 14 weeks preg with twins. my suggestion if you think u r just go to the dr.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• call your local hospital... all of them they have certain amount for a blood test which is way more accurate.... if you go inbefore 11 you get results same day ... after the next day... the home tests do work but also there is a % of false negatives... I had taken 2 and said negative and then still no period then took blood test and it was positive... and I was pregnant...
    jzonewood

Answer by jzonewood at 11:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes, when my husband and I started trying i wanted to take tests all the time and was NOT about to spend 10 dollars every day to do it! They were as accurate as they come. There is no difference between them and the more expensive ones, besides the name brand. Stock up!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think if I got a test from the dollar store, I'd have to take several of them to be convinced. With my 2nd pregnancy, I bought two diff brands. One box of two tests store brand from walgreens, and one box of two "ClearBlue easy digital." The store brands were negative, and the brand naem was positive. There is a difference!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 11:26 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have never used "name brand" designer preggo tests. Equate wal-mart brand, and dollar store brands have always been right for me. My sister got false negative, 3 of them, with the "designer" brands lol... so who knows.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My sister uses the dollar tree ones. I asked her and she said they were always 100% accurate for her.

(Our family jokes that if she wouldn't use dollar tree condoms, she wouldn't need dollar tree pg tests hehe)
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It was a cheap non brand name one that said I was prego with my daughter only being prego for about 4 weeks. And with the one I am now having it was able to read that I was after only a week. I think that brand or no brand they all work the same.
    lindze0226

Answer by lindze0226 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i took one two days after my missed period technically one day and i got a positive personally i would just take those i mean rather than spending 14 bucks on a test it's a dollar and they are accurate
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009