What is the difference between AmeriPlan and Work at home United??

I would like to hear from other moms who have worked with these companies. I would like more information on these stay at home jobs. Please dont tell me to visit the websites because they offer no info on what it's about. I've done that and all it asks for is my contact info for someone to call me. Are these companies legit??

Scar.

Asked by Scar. at 10:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• This is my very personal opinion, I am not trying to bash. I think they are good options if you have a lot of money to invest.
    You can look at my website where I have a quick list of some legit places where I have made extra money from my home without paying any fees http://www.freewebs.com/makinmoneyathome/index.htm
    mommyneedsajob

Answer by mommyneedsajob at 10:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have not worked with these companies but I do know that they are NOT work at home jobs but a work at home business opportunity. WAH Jobs are simply your employed but do the work at home...data entry, telemarketing, and medical transcription are usually what you find. WAH Biz opps are where you will have some start up costs to help get things going, this is something that will be your business so the successes and failures will land on your shoulders. Good news is, everything involved with the biz are tax deductible (well, within reason anyway).
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 11:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am an AmeriPlan Independent Business Owner (IBO). AmeriPlan is a 16 y/o co, and the largest co in the US that offers this program. They offer a benefits discount program. It's like insurance, but has no deductibles or co-pays. Instead, you get discounts on services such as dental exams, vision screenings, chiropractic services, and doctor's exams. We offer 4 diff programs.

There are 2 diff things that I do as an IBO. I get people to buy these programs & I get people to sign up as an IBO. I can get between $35-107 for each member that I sign up, plus between $6-17 ea month as long as they're a member. I can get $90 for ea business owner I sign up, plus $15 for ea month as long as they're an IBO.

I can either do all of my advertising online or offline (all up 2 u). And since it is a BUSINESS, There are tax deductions...from supplies to gas.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions! :-D

~Alicia Bubbett~
    ambubbett

Answer by ambubbett at 10:26 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have done WAHU. It is a support team for Melaleuca, a wellness company. It has a low start up cost, but then, you have to committ to purchasing products monthly. The products are good, but I couldn't afford it after about three months. I have other, better, businesses now. Ameriplan is a health benefits discount program. I'm not sure if business builders are required to pay dues or what not.
    LaTresha

Answer by LaTresha at 12:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• They are not jobs. They are business opportunities that involve sales. They are both real companies.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The only concern I have with those (after getting more information on them) is that you DO have to pay them a monthly. Supposedly, if you can recruit enough people under you to cover that, it is covered and you can make some money, but a monthly fee? That isn't advertised, but I did finally get to the root of it who someone involved with it.
    pam

Answer by pam at 12:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2008