i cant seem to get him potty trained?

okkay so i've been trying for about 4 months to potty train my son. and its not working we had it down until he fell in the toilet now he wants nothing to do with it. uhhg.. its driving me crazy.. we tried the no diaper run around with boxers and ask him if he has to go and it didnt work. we tried making the potty fun. reading, toys games.. nothing.. i dont know what else to try. he turned two back in nov. so what do i try now!? any suggestions?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give it a rest for awhile. He is still pretty young so I wouldn't push it. Or try a potty rather than the toilet.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm not sure what to try I just say to keep at it boys are harder to train, but if he was doing good until he fell in the toilet then it probably scared him and he is afraid of it happeniing again.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• He's afraid and that's understandable. Can you get a different seat adaptor or a little potty for him to use instead? The change may make him more comfortable, especially if you use a little potty.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My sister used her own method. She has a large fenced backyard, so she would tell her son to go pee-pee on the bugs. He thought it was so funny, so he would. Then after a couple weeks doing that she took a marker and drew bugs in his toilet and told him to pee on them. After a little while the bugs washed off and he was still peeing in the potty. Hope this helps.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009