what day and time do the majority of people attend church on the weekend?

yes, silly question for most. but I haven't been to a church in several decades and this little bit of trivia has escaped my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends some churches have two morning services. Usually an 8:30 am and 11am, sometimes one service is more contempoary and the other tradtional. (hymnals vs power point choruses) We have 2pm in the afternoon on Sunday's and sign up Discipleship Classes at 6pm. Some have 6pm Worship Services. Some even choose to just have cell group studies in homes on Sunday evenings.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I go at 11 because it works best with nap and mealtimes. But is also the most crowded because of late risers.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oh and I go on Sundays.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sunday at 1030
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sunday at 9:30 or 10:45 depends on how lazy we are on sun. morning.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I guess I'm a sinner in lots of CM ladies eyes. I don't go at all. Ever. But when my mom forced us to go when i was a kid. We went at 11 am. and sometimes 5pm on Sat.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:57 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My church offers 5 different services. 6:30 pm Saturday night, 8:20am, 9:00am, 10:20am and 11:30am on Sunday morning. We go to the 11:30am service so we can sleep in later.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't do church. But around here you can't get through town on Saturdays because everyone goes to church Saturday evening and then goes to the bar... That's all we have here, churches and bars... I always though it was a little disrespectful to "fit church in" around your party time. But then I'm not Christian so I guess my opinion really doesn't matter.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Our church has church on Wednesday at 6:30pm where they hand out groceries to the needy and feed them a hot meal I don't always go to that because it is more for the needy, I will go once in a while on Wednesday and help out and I like to help but with 2 kids 3.5 and 14 months it is hard to help lol. If I do go I will eat and stay for the message. We also have church on Friday at 7pm then we have church on Sunday at 10pm that is the time our church starts. I don't always go on Fridays either sometimes I do, but I always go on Sunday, but I haven't been there in about 3 months because the kids keep catching stuff and passing it back and forth. So I hope to go this Sunday. Our church doen't end at a certain time either it depends on what God's plans are lol sometimes I don't get home from church on Sunday until anywhere from 1:45 to 2pm
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• we only have one service and it is at 11:00 am but Sunday School (for adults too) starts at 9:30 and goes until 10:30 then we have fellowship...ie: coffee and goodies until 11...

I wish we had an earlier service but our congregation is soooo small and it mostly elderly people...so it's easier for them if we have it later.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009