How Many?

How many People here are making a conscious effort to support your Country and Economy by purchasing only American made products, versus countless others who are crying about their financial woes yet continuing to spend their money on foreign products?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have been doing this for years. American first!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I AM!!!! It is a lot harder to shop and inspect and make sure you aren't buying something made in China but it is worth it in the long run. I pay a little more but I am getting a better quality product in the end. Oh, and if you are looking for American made, you won't find much at Walmart or Kmart... you have to go to the small busines owner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am insane in my search for American made products! LOL I even got my husband on board. The hardest is finding American made toys. But my search even extends to big purchases too. American made cars. My friend went so far as when she was having her house built, she was inspecting the construction workers! Making sure they were legal citizens!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you're serious about it, you can use these

http://www.madeinusa.org/nav.cgi?  keep in mind, advertisers on that site don't neccissarily meet the criteria of the site - they're generated by Google

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

http://www.americansworking.com/

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Thanks for the links NotPanicking!
    Anonymous

• Hmmmwell I try not to shop at walmart haha but that's the full extent. I do try to buy locally from farms when it's in season, and a product that advertises made locally or in america usually gets my vote if all else is equal - but I'm not always willing to sacrifice quality

Another thing I will probably always buy foreign are cars, too much bad luck every time I have an American made car...
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I just read today that if you buy the "off brands" you are actually buying American. I think it's a good thing and I try to be conscious of it. However, there is a cell phone kiosk at the Paducah, KY, mall that angers me.... It states, "We are proud to be American Owned"... The problem is what does that exactly mean? Does it mean they are trying to tell foreigners to stay away? The way I see it, the only legit AMERICANS are the native Indians. Who are they kidding? I find it very offensive!!!
    Anonymous

• I am in neither category.. but I'm going to check out the links.. I'm a person of convenience but I'll see what I can do :-)

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Frankly, I am not buying anything but groceries. Trader Joe's does carry some items from outside America. I mainly buy healthy and cheap. I admit that I pause if the produce is from Mexico, and consider the risks of salmonella & other contaminations which arise when food handlers don't wash their hands. But beyond that, I don't confront the decision. ... Where does my gasoline come from? Probably overseas, at least until we can start to drill here.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sometimes I do but I don't go all out wacko about it. If there is something I want and it is not made in America I'll probably still buy it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009