I need help if possible.

I just went for my 34 week check up and she said everything was fine except the placenta. What I mean is that the placenta is on the opposite side that it should be. She said it was nothing to worry about ....but I am just wondering has this happened to anyone else....??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• huh? lol that is kinda confusing did she mean that it was in front of your cervix? id just go with what she said if she said it was nothing to worry about then i wouldnt stress ya know ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• as long as it's not in the way of the baby, blocking the cervical opening it really isn't anything to worry about. It's still attached, etc, so that's good. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• She said it was in front of the baby instead of behind....make better sense...sorry I am just worried now.
    Anonymous

• oh lol dont worry as long as your cervix is clear then you will be fine as long as it isnt pulling away from the wall then really no serious problems will happen just relax things are fine :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• As long as it's not below the baby, there doesn't appear to be an issue. It just means the positioning is off. Does that make sense?

For instance, if the placenta was blocking the exit, it would be a problem. Placenta's don't move though, the uterus grows which moves the placenta, so it must have been there this entire time, or close to this position.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This could mean a few things. The placenta can be located anywhere in your uterus. The only time it can cause a problem is when you have Placental Previa. This means that the Placenta is covering the opening of the cervix. You can have partial (only partly covering) or Complete (laying directly over the opening) Previa.

But because your doctor said it's nothing to worry about I doubt you have Placetal Previa. You may have an Antierior Placenta which just means your placenta is in front of the baby ( against your tummy) This is not a complication at all, and is completely normal. All in all I wouldn't worry about it.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009