Okay whether you are for Obama or not...

I feel that even if I hadn't voted for Obama, I would still have been so amazed that he brought the younger generations to the polls in record numbers. My children are in 3rd grade and Kindergarten and their school as a whole in each grade taught the children all about the election and why we have them and then held a mock election and the kids got to vote. Obama won in a land slide, but it was still amazing to me that as small children they are being introduced into politics. Our kiddos came with us to the polls and were SO excited to be there and a part of such an exciting thing. NO BASHING PLEASE...THIS IS JUST SOMETHING POSITIVE AND I FELT LIKE SHARING IT. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, PLEASE PASS THIS QUESTION BY. THANK YOU ALL.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 12:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• good

I do like that many schools were actually informing the kids about the election process this election cycle. I did this with my kids (we homeschool) and had a great time learning about the parties, the process of the elections and the electoral process. I even took my kids with me when I voted and the election workers were great! They took the time to explain it to my children as well (oh, they're in 3rd and 2nd grades)! We also did the Nickelodeon "Kids pick the president." They really enjoyed that!

momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My kindergartner's school did the same thing. I asked her who our President was and she said "that guys that looks like my daddy"...Haha. (He doesn't) and I said ok well whats his name? She answered "Barrack Mama"
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol he looks nothing like your husband!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I felt like the day he got elected marked the first, huge, positive thing for American history that I've seen in my life..
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My 6 year old went with me to the polls. It was also the first time my daughter and her boyfriend got to vote in a presidential election. They were very excited. We took pictures and everything. I wouldn't attribute it to Obama, though. My daughter did a lot of volunteer work on campus for the Republican party. She said their office was very busy. It was just a very exciting election.

Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• All the schools around here did a lot about the elections. I was particularly impressed at the jr. high they had a debate and the kids took it really seriously. The researched both candidates, did opinion polls, all kinds of stuff. Then they had their debates and respectfully presented both sides. My younger two are in special ed. it's real easy to leave those kids out, but their teacher too. I have had them asking me really good questions about how we got the president, about the government and even the political parties.
    I hope the momentum follows these kids I hope they will continue to read and learn and be good voting citizens.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Well, kids have been invovled in elections for some time now. Nickelodeon, Mtv, etc have been doing Rock the Vote for example. I have volunteered in schools during 2 pres. campaigns and even on none Presidential elections, there has been some kind of "vote" to teach the [wonderful] right and process we have here in the US.
    While voter turnout was high overall in the nation. My state did NOT set high voter turnout records in the 2008 election...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Indoctrination of our children by liberal teachers. I've been doing the same thing for years- but others jump on the bandwagon for Obama.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• throwing up

Anonymous

• Hello ANON I believe I said...If it's not something nice to say...pass this question over. I think you need to brush up on your reading skills my dear.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009