c-section response i posted my first question last night.

ok girls i think i worded my question a little wrong i was more so just wanting experiences which i got and thank you. i had since findng out i had gotten pregnant wanted to do a vbac because io didnt like the idea of planning when my child was born and i wanted them to come when they were ready and have it natural unfortunatley i had to have a c-section with my first i think everyone shud try for natural if possible. the only reason i was doubting myself are lot of my co-workers were starting to mess with my head and tell me to have a c-section that it was better and all this crap. im sorry to offend anyone but i was just curious i thin im gonna stick with my gut instinct and try a vbac and if it doesnt work at least i tried.

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that sounds good lol i dotn see anything wrong with csection my best friend had to have an emergency csection her baby girl hailey was wrapped up her hands and feet wrer tangled int he cord and she was sitting on it!!! lol so my friend sara had no choice the drs really didnt think her daughter would had made it threw the birth ... but i do give you props for trying the VBAC and your right if all else fails at least you tried
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• get as informed as possible! For many women a VBAC is safer than a repeat c/s. Time Magazine just posted an article about the "trouble with repeat c-sections". It was very informative and helpful.

You can try some of the VBAC groups on here, and go to www.ican-online.org It's very helpful and informative on VBACs!

I am glad you are going to try a VBAC. Pauline (who may answer this, is about to have her SECOND homebirth after 2 cesareans. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sounds like you are doing the right thing! Has your doc said anything about the first c section? As for me I have to have a c section due to my heart. Why did they do the first one? Either way as long as that baby and you are healthy thats all that matters. Good Luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had two c-sections. Emergency the first time and by choice the second time. I can assure you that was twenty years ago and I am just fine. Never had any complications for either, was up walking within twelve hours and my kids are just fine. If, by chance, I got pregnant again, I would do a c-section again. Sorry, the whole labor thing was just not for me!!!
    Anonymous

• with my son i stopped contracting at 5 cm so they gave me pitocin to help it along however it caused my sons heart rate to drop resutling in a c-section. thanks to all of you who are being supportive. i to think it is well worth trying and i feel that it is every womens decision what is best for her and her baby
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You may have just jumped the gun on labor. Sometimes women will contract, and dilate, then stop and regress, etc, it all depends on the setting. Pitocin increases your c/s risk. Without knowing full details it sounds like your body was rushed. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• ok anon but it doesnt bother you the other mothers on here who say your not as good becasue you didnt have a natural when i posted my ? yesterday about a considering a c-section more so becasue i lot of people around me were pushing it not becasue i thought i really wanted to. alot of the responses were that mothers who choose to have c-sections are selfish and are putting there babys at risk doesnt annoy you that they would say those things i mean shudntit be everyones own decision.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• well they gave me the epidural around midnight and i was at 5cm 2 hrs later i hadnt dilated anymore so the doctor gave me the pitocin. i was my little guys heart rate to go down then they did the c/s thats all i really know.
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i didnt ask for the pitocin or anything it was all the docs i didnt jump the gun they did i just went with what they told me was best
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I didn't mean "you" personally, it wasn't an attack.. it was just pointing out what *may* have been the issue. Sorry it that offended you. It wasn't meant to. I was just giving a reason for your c/s and that it may have only been necessary because of the interventions you know?

Each intervention increases your risk of a c/s, or complications.

Also, I have never met a women who said you aren't a real mother by having a c/s.. but there are many instances where the decision to have a c/s can be seen as selfish (by definition, not as an attack on you or anything)... that's all.

I am sorry you got some very negative responses to your last question. It is good that you are informing yourself so you can make the best decision for your baby. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009