Why do the same liberals who oppose the death penalty support abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ooohhh...I'm guessing the OP is a little sick of hearing "how can you support the death penalty if you're "pro-life"" I'm sick of hearing it too...people raped and murdered to get themselves put on death row and are more than aware that the death penalty exists when they do it. Babies are a result of what people have done and apparently have less rights in this world than violent criminals. A little backward isn't it?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• why do some conservatives who oppose abortion support the death penalty? i dont know.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm like this hahaha. It doesn't make sense does it, but it's just the way I feel.
    Anonymous

• because the believe that the embryo inside the woman is not a human, whereas the one facing death penalty is.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• cause you had the chance to live and YOU screwed up what did the baby ever do ?lol
    that is how i look at it
    Anonymous

• For me personally, it has to do with intent and accountability. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but it's really not, depending upon one's arguments for their opinions.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no apr1l thats not it, i dont think anyone doesnt think of the embryo as 'non human' but i think its more of, its a woman's choice what to do with her own body and life and morals, whereas the person facing the death penalty doesnt have a choice. i dont really know im speculating
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• it doesnt make sense but i guess thats hwo things are sometimes.
    me personally im all for the death penalty and im also all for womens rights to choose.
    Anonymous

• Because they're hypocrites!

Anonymous

• It's easier to kill a baby by saying that it's not really a baby yet, than to kill a criminal that you have to look in the face even if he murdered, raped and destroyed everything innocent and beautiful in peoples lives.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009