weight loss after a baby?

do you think its easier to lose the weight after a c-section or vaginal i know i had a c-section with my first and did not lose the weight what do you think?

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it really just depends. It took me forever to lose weight after my first daughter...literally two years. I had a baby 4 1/2 weeks ago and I"m only 7lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight this time. Both were vaginal too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i had a vaginal with my first and after i had him 3 days later i walked out of the hospital right back to where i was before i got pregnant lol never had a csection but with my friends ive noticed that those that have vaginal lose weight faster then ones that had csection
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think I lost weight more quickly with a vaginal. I think it has to do with the muscles actually pushing the baby down and out. I had no labor with the c-section and it kicked my ass so I was down for more than a week
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i think what makes it hard after a c section is that your muscles take so long to repair after major surgery so it makes it harder. plus its hard to stay motivated when your skin is all squishy no matter how many crunches you do lol.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about c sections, but with my second child I can't seem to lose it! It's driving me crazy!
    Panopel

Answer by Panopel at 1:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i had a c section 3 weeks ago and have lost 33 lbs since...
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 9:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i must say too.. that i had a c section due to pre eclampsia and within a week I lost 30 lbs. I still have 20 lbs to go.. but losing more than half the weight without any work.. will make it a lot easier once im able to exercise.
    samiame

Answer by samiame at 12:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009