Sometimes I feel like a maid instead of a wife!

Sometimes I feel like my husband expects me to be mom/wife/maid and go to work and night and not bitch about it. Sometimes I will leave some things for him to do when he gets home from work to do and he always forgets and I get the ever wonderful "I'm sorry". Well we got into an argument last night bc I told him I don't want to hear I'm sorry any more just do it. I work too and I work late and I have to get up with my son in the morning. When he comes looking for breakfast I can't tell him sorry I forgot. Don't you just want to kick them in the butt sometimes!!!!

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I am a SAHM and do all the basic stuff, no prob, hubby works all day, but there is a difference between me cleaning the house and picking up after his a$$ that he just doesn't seem to get! I keep telling him that the only thing he does for himself is wipe his a$$ and some days I think he will call me in the bathroom to do THAT for him! Super frustrating!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol yep im married to a man that way to. He told me the other night iam who i am you knew that when you married me. Yeah well figure it out lol i cant not do something because i forgot come on now.
    Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM too but since you work, you should both be doing equal work at home. Sit him down and talk to him when youre not so frustrated. Let him know you really need his help to stay sane and have a happy home life. A happy momma is a happy family. :)...and certainly a happy man.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I also recommend making a list of all that needs to be done in your house..daily, monthly, ect. You two go through the list and decide who has time for what and who does a better job at what. Make a chore list (like you would with kids) and commit to it. Keep it somewhere visible so no one has to question what was supposed to be done and by who. And again, let him know how much this will help you be a happy woman, wife and mother if he commits to this WITH you. And praise him when he does something.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I feel the same way at times when iwas working and having to come home and clean and get up in the middle of the night with my son. it would just stress me out!! So I told my husban that i wasnt the only parent and when i agreed to get married i also agreed to partnership. I may not have everything that Iasked for but at least he try's
    salenalopez

Answer by salenalopez at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When what you've been doing keeps getting the same results, it's time to change your approach. So ask him what you can do to help him remember next time you need his help. When you just get mad and fuss about the fact that it didn't get done, you are not helping your cause. Remember, your goal is to have him actually do what you ask him to do, so you can still put the responsibility for his forgetfulness back on him. The truth is he probably did forget. Most men can only think about one thing at a time, while we women can be doing half a dozen different things all at the same time and manage all of them well. Ask him if he needs you to leave him a list, or buy him one of those little voice recorders with your requests on there in your own sweet little voice. I promise you there are ways to get him to help you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If I didn't work outsidee the home I wouldn't ask him to do anything but I do. And like you I work pretty late.He knows if homework isn't done and kids aren't in bed at a reasonable he will have to hear my mouth something he doesn't want to do.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Welcome to sahm slavehood. I lost almost 7 pounds trying to be the best hostess durin xmas, new years and new year's day. Never ever again...............
    Anonymous