Would you ever...

Would you ever reuse a diaper or pull-up if you knew it was completely dry when you take it off?
My 2 1/2 year old is potty training and when we go out to the store or anything, I put him in a pullup..Just in Case.
At night he wears a regular diaper, because I fear that he will wet his bed, and that might scare him.
Lately when we get home from being out, or when he wakes up in the morning, he has been dry. I have been throwing out the pull-ups and diapers, but has anyone reused them? (on the same child)
I am just wondering if it is a waste to throw out a perfectly good and dry pullup and diaper? Any thoughts?

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they're completely dry and you know nothing in it it probably won't hurt but why don't you go to Walmart or Target buy a pair of plastic pants for a coupon of bucks (the thicker kind bc they'll absorb) and in the rare case your child does have an accident just wash them? It will save you a ton of money and teach your kid quicker to wake up and go on the potty if they do have an accident. Just an idea.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sure, why not, those things are expensive! When DD was in pullups I used it as if it were underwear, we wear the same pair all day, right? As long as it was clean and dry I'd use the same one for the day.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• honestly yes i did it with pull ups lol no need to throw it out if he didnt mess in it right ? that is just a waste to me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If they are DRY, and you are using it on the SAME child I don't see anything wrong w/ it.. JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes! As a matter of fact, last night my husband changed our baby's diaper, but I was ready to give her a bath. We took the diaper off and reused it after bath. It had only been on maybe ten minutes. I don't know if I would reuse if it had been on a while. Diaper are expensive , so I understand why you would consider.
    actress

Answer by actress at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I totally reuse them as long as they are dry. I do not see any reason to throw away a perfectly good diaper or pull up with the cost that I am paying for them.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If I'm putting my son in the bath and the diaper is still clean and dry, I'll put the same one back on him. Diapers are expensive!!
    Anonymous

• yup reuse it- they are too expensive to be throwing away when they are still good.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes,absolutely.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I always reused them if they were dry and going on the same kid. No reason to throw away something that hasn't actually been totally used yet.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009