Giving birth to multiples, naturally.

This is just a curiousity question, I'm not pregnant. I've always wondered how this works. I was in labor with my daughter for 27 hours, and pushed for five of those. I ended up having a c-section. My question is, is EACH baby just as much work? To push and everything? In the movies they make the first baby look like hard work, and then the others just kind of "appear" lol. This can't be true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no not every baby is hard work even for first time parents. With my son i was in labor for 12 hours only made it to 5cm and had to have a c section because he wasnt tolerating labor. My bestfriend was in labor for 24hours and pushed her dr out with in 45mins. Another one of my friends was only in labor for 4 hours with her first and pushed her out with in 3pushes. Some women just have a easier time then others.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my sister had twins naturally, she was in labor for about 6 hours, started pushing, 15 minutes later her little girl was born, 6 minutes later her little boy was born.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• geeze your lucky lol i had only one baby the first tiem and it was voer 4 days
    Anonymous

• The first baby came out in three hours. He was most of the pushing. The second baby came out about thirty two minutes, but my labor had stopped for about fifteen of those. They had to break her water (we joke she wanted to sleep in) to get her out. I think I pushed maybe six times. I was tired and it was paionful. I was like, hmm, can we just cut her out? I think she was a little easier because I had already dialated fully. There was a lot of blood and gore, I will say that. (YUCK.)
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009