What is your cleaning strategy?

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the clutter that has taken over my house, along with everything else that needs to be done. How do you tackle your cleaning projects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If I am feeling tired and overwhelmed I set the timer for 20 min. I may not get much done, but it is a start. I take about a 30 min break and go back for another 20. It may take me all day to get a few things accomplished but I made a slight dent in my to do list. You will have to figure out something that will work for you and yes blast the music it make the time go by faster and sometimes I'm not ready to quit.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Okay, what you do is start out simple. The first thing you should do is start in one room. Say you pick the kitchen. Totally concentrate on your kitchen. Wash dishes, clean counters and sinks, empty garbage, clean out fridge, clean stove, etc.. end with sweeping and scrubbing floor. Move on to the next room. Say the bathroom~ I have two real close together, so I usually do them together. Fully clean them and then move on to the bedrooms. I usually end with the living room, because I have to chase everyone out! Then when everyone is out of the house, I again, go around the make sure all is picked up. I try to sweep the floors once a day. The big key is to make sure all messes are immediately picked up, nothing left laying around.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree with m-avi start with one room and move on after everything done in that room. but also make it fun, blast the music and dance to it, that way it doesn't seem like a chore.
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 1:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I do Motivated Moms - you can download a schedule for free at the website or buy a calendar for the year - it has a small set of chores you do every day, and then another small set unique to each day. You only do a little bit each day so it's not overwhelming, and once you've been at it a few weeks, your house is pretty much perfect. If you skip a day, it's no big deal, just pick up on the new day and you'll be back to normal.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I make a HUGEEEE to do list, and try to do at least three things off that list a day.. Like today my goals are do the dishes, organize the magazines (I have a big pile laying around), clean of the kitchen table. I feel like I accomplished something even if it's only three small things, and that way you can keep up slowly with some messes, and work into the routine of making time of doing something to clean.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 1:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. One project/room at a time!
    Anonymous

• i dont clean my hubby does.... lol
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009