my baby like me to hold him to fallasleep but he wakes up most of the time when i put him down any ideas?

Angel_care

Asked by Angel_care at 1:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? You may have to lie him down while he is still slightly awake and let him dose on his own. If he is a newborn they just need the little extra TLC.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have this same problem and my dd is 5 months. The only time she won't wake up is when she is REALLY tired. I've started to just set her down right away after seh falls asleep in my arms. This way if she isn't really that tired, she'll wake up and not go to bed until she's really ready. I'm not sure what else to do.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Enjoy it while you can? My 10 month old is SO over being rocked to sleep! She just wants to crawl and walk now. Mommy still wants her cuddle bunny! Most of the time we just end up having to put her to bed. She sits up and waves "bye-bye" and lays down to go to sleep. We SO won the baby lottery on this one!
    Your question though...have you tried swaddling? Sometimes that helps. When he wakes up, is he screaming or just awake? If he's not screaming, let him put himself back to sleep. I don't buy the CIO thing, but then I never had to do it.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• How old? My little boy was the same way for the first 4 months or so. I found swaddling him in a blanket helped tremendously. When they are still tiny they remember be comfy in your belly, and that was a tight fit, so the swaddling gives them the feeling of being back there. If the baby is older you may try laying him in his crib and patting his back till he falls asleep then slowly stop and quietly walk away.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• With my first son I would put him down with my sweater. It's one that I wear around the house all the time and I would say has the strongest scent of me on it. I also had to put him on his belly with a teddy bear under him. He was quite gassy and I would put him belly side down on my arm and he'd fall asleep. He would only stay asleep if I put something to mimic his position.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i put Zedd down and stroke his forehead and his nose between his eyes cause he closes his eyes when u get close and evetu. he just falls asleep
    Brynnlyman

Answer by Brynnlyman at 2:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My daughter used to be like that too, but I get on family about rocking her to sleep. I lay my daughter down when she's almost asleep but still awake that way she learns how to fall asleep on her own and not depend on everyone to put her to sleep. I agree with the first person who answered your question..if he's a newborn they may need some extra care/rocking to sleep because they're not aware of this world yet.
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• hes a very gassy baby.. i swaddle hi he has kicked himself out of blankets since the moment i gave birth to him.. where would you put the teddy under him?>
    and when he cries he usually screems
    Angel_care

Answer by Angel_care at 4:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2009