weight gain during pregnancy

arg!! ok i am 5'10" and 132lbs befor pregnancy. this is my second pregnancy (within a year gulp) and with this one i am gaining weight like crazy! i dont get it! i am eating healthy food like fruit and low calorie cereal bars for snacks and i even work out on my lunchbreak (nothing crazy, just walking and some squats and light weights, nothing too strenuous, i already know all the excersize rules). why/how am i gaining so much weight? ive already gained 14lbs in the first 4 and a half months. any tips? p.s. i know you're supposed to gain some weight during pregnancy and not to worry and all that, i just want to know if anyone else experienced this and what i should do , so please no rude responses!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what to tell you except that your body is doing what it is supposed to. I gained more than the recommended amount of weight (according to the Dr. I was supposed to gain no more than 25) I gained 40. My body did what it felt was right. Just hang in there it will come off after the baby is born.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• not ebign rude but why are you worried that is not a bad weight and 14 lbs is not bad either im 31 weeks and 5 days and have gained about 23 lbs im 5 ft 9 and started at 160 lbs and im an athlet dont try to hard to lose weight while you are pregnant you will just make our self sick .. and youo sound just fine to me honey really
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• its alot according to the books! im only 'supposed to gain' max 36lbs and with my first son i gained 50lbs but this time its packin on quicker so im afraid it will be more in the end and it wont ever come off! plus this time my husband will be home for the whole thing (last time he was in iraq so he missed seeing me and all the not so cute pregnancy details lol) so im like extra paranoid that he will be freaked out even though i know he loves me no matter what and all that crap its just hard when youre at this stage to feel pretty you know? so 14 lbs is like rubbing the salt in the wound! man they just shouldnt let you see that scale at the drs office till you're about to deliver! lol
    Anonymous

• there is no supposed to gain that is an average geeze i hate people that say you are only supposed to gain that is crap babies grow diff you cant tell them ok mommy can only gain 1/2 a pound more .. geeze AVERAGES people
    Anonymous

• I am 5'2 and my prebaby weight was 135ish. I have gained 16lbs w/ this pregnancy and am 25 wks today. W/ my son son I was the same prebaby weight and gained a total of 35. Don't sweat it, thats part of pregnancy, and we lose most, if not all after the baby is born.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I gained exactly 35 lbs with my first daughter... I gained almost 50 with my second. I did put on a lot more weight in the second trimester with my second than I did with my first.
    kris.aguilar

Answer by kris.aguilar at 1:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• im 5'1 and was 118lbs pre preg...im at 171 now..that's 53lbs and im 8 months..i gained 60 w my other to daughters as well.. we gain what we gain. dont focus on how much you gain now...focus afterwards on how you're gonna shed it off.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would say that with it being within a year of your first pregnancy, your body may not have had the time to fully recuperate and get totally rid of all of your baby weight from the first pregnancy. You may have gone back to the same weight, but your body wasn't recovered. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but also remember that every pregnancy is different, so just because you gained x amount of weight with the first, you may gain more or less with the second. I also, wouldn't overdo it on the exercise and try to lose anything
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am 20weeks pregnant and have gained 13lbs so far. I gained 41lbs with my first, and 33lbs with my second. I lost all my weight with both. It took only like 1-2mths to lose my weight with my first, not working out at all. It took like 4-6mths with my second working out some and drinking protein drinks, chicken and healthy foods.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 2:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I gained a lot in the beginning, too. I was about 10 lbs. underweight going into it, and I continued to exercise up until 38 wks. (I've since slowed down due to some minor complications that landed me in the hospital, nothing at all to do with exercising). Anyway, I found that my weight stabilized greatly in this last month. I've gained 30 lbs. total and my weight has been the same for the past month. (that's the last 4 doc. visits). I'll be having a scheduled c-section next Friday, so I'm pretty sure my weight won't change much. You will most likely stabilize in the end, too. Keep exercising, as I think that's what helped me not blow up like a total whale at the end.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009