For anyone that has two children sharing a room.

Hello ladies. I just wanted to get some advice. We live in a two bedroom apt so my stepson and the new baby will be sharing a room until me move somewhere else. I really don't want the two "sides" of the room to clash and I want to TRY to give the illusion of two seperate room. (My stepson's whole room is cars.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA :)

Aman-Duh

Asked by Aman-Duh at 1:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• so you want it to seem like there's two rooms?

maybe a folding screen? ive actually made mini folding screens but not a full room one, maybe if your hubby is handy he could build one you really like?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Ours will be sharing a room as well. My son has cars in his room, his nursery was bears and I kept everything so it will be a bears and cars room once baby is a few months old.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I never tried. My older 2 girls (8 and 6) and my son (7) all share a room and it isn't decorated as anything. The girls have their Hanna Montana and High School Musical posters on their side and my son has his Nascar posters and Transformer sheets on his side.

I knew this girl once whose room was half pink and half blue because it once belonged to her mom and her sister and they couldn't decide on a color so their parents just pained it half and half, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Maybe you could try a pull around curtain to divide the space. You know the kind they have in hospitals.
    m_allen

Answer by m_allen at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My kids share a room and we have Cars on 2 walls and Tinker Bell on the others. I gave them seperate play areas with their theme. We have not painted yet but they agreed on purple and green. This will be a permanent situation for us. We moved from a 3 bedroom home to a 2 bedroom condo recentlty to move to a better school district.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 1:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't think it is a good idea to put a baby in with a stepson. Have the baby sleep with you. There can be a lot of jealosy issues with stepchildren, and you don't want to put the baby into a situation where an angry older boy might hurt him.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 3:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009