Anyone else get "the shakes?"

Does anyone else just get shaky and weak-feeling sometimes?

I sometimes feel better after I eat something, but it takes a while, and sometimes I have a hard time stopping eating. Is this a medical condition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• Yes it's a medical condition, when you are hungry and get the shakes...that improves by eating you are having LOW BLOOD SUGAR or Hypoglycemia. Having a fast acting carb like glucose tablets or juice is the best option and then follow it up with something a little more lasting like a sandwich on whole grain bread.

Also go to your doctor. Becuase while some simply suffer from hypoglycemia it can also mean you are a diabetic. You may need to be tested for Diabetes and be put on a diabetic diet, oral medications or possibly insulin!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you feel better after eating then your answer is to eat befor it get to the point of causing shakes.
    I am see my Dr tmrw to discuss the shakyness/dissiness i am experiancing. Mine is ethier a ear infecting or something neuological.
    But most people experiance get shaky and lift headed. I would keep a eye on it, go to the dr it continues to cause problems.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• How much has the above person had to drink
    Anonymous

• Thanks PP. Hypoglycemia sounds likely as my grandmother also had it. She has recently been diagnosed with diabetes too, so I guess I had better see a doctor about it.
    Anonymous