Are you going to quit smoking?

Obamas first new tax on middle americans goes into effect in April. The new .62 tax per pack of Ciggarettes is supposed to help pay for the Schip childrens health program that was enlarged to include adults and families making more than $80,000 dollars. Will the cost make you think about quitting?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't care how much cigarrettes cost. I'm quitting for other reasons.

I
    Anonymous

• nope... in maryland it went from like $3.80 to $5.30 last year but i didn't quit.... i want to tho... its one of my new years resolutions... just not ready tho... and they are way cheaper here in GA so .62 isnt a big deal
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I quit a year ago.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Good point, I've never smoked. Thank God.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope, I wont quit no matter what. Even if they tell me I got cancer. I know thats ugly to say but I look at it this way, you gotta die of something. But here .62 cents isnt much. Right now for a box of Marlboro I pay 2.97 so if you add .62 that will come to 3.69 I think. This is only my opinion if You dont agree that you, this is me.
    Anonymous

• lol only cause he doesnt have to pay for his ciggs no more .. i dont t smoke and hubby dips so oh well lol
    Anonymous

• I think this is a good tax actually. The money is going to children many of which are harmed by their parents smoking. I say put a 2 dollar a pack tax on it. Smoking is not a right. Many are on assistance yet find money to smoke. That is money out of their kids mouths.
    Anonymous

• JUlians, I wish you well with the smoking ordeal, I hope you do eventually quit.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks akin... i am one of those... "im stressed so i smoke" types...i just got to learn how to relax another way..and i should be good....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope never started. LOL. .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009