I have a roomate living with my family , in a 3 bedroom house how can i get him out?

My husband and I have a roomate that has been close to both of our family's. He has a room myt husband and I share and my 15month has his own room. The promblem is that my baby is due in April and i would love to have my roomate 's room for her. My husband can pay all the bills without his help , I have asked him to leave once, but my husband is such a softy he let him stay. Know i just feel uncomfortable . I would like it to be just my family and me no extras!!!

salenalopez

Asked by salenalopez at 1:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have to be firm and just tell him! I was almost in the same situation! My husbands friend was going through a divorce at the time I was pregnant with our last daughter. I had to tell my husband that I did not have the energy to take care of another person in our house hold. You should have given him a time limit. If you husband is a softy tell him to keep out of it and if your friend goes to him you husband should stick up for you and your needs too!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Then you and your husband need to be on the same page first. Talk with your husband. Explain that it is time that the house be filled with just your family. Agree on a time frame for the roommate to move out. Both of you need to approach the roommate and stand firm with your decision. Make sure you give the roommate enough notice so that they can find a new place to live and get their belongings out. Give them 3 weeks maybe so that they are out before the new baby is born. I agree with you. It's your home and your family is expanding. It's time your family has the privacy it needs. Good luck.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sometimes you just gotta lay it all out. Tell him what you told us. Its YOUR house, he can only stay as long as you let him. Tell him how you feel and give him, say 3 weeks to get out. You dont have to be mean about it, but if he's truly your friend he will understand that its time for it to just be your family.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Hey maybe it would be better for you to write a letter to the roommate. Tell him that you have had no problem with him being there but you need an extra room for your new baby to be in. Tell him how many days he has to be out and it's not really up to your husband anymore b/c you want the house to yourself and family. Write that you don't want to always have someone else living there and it's nothing against him. I know it would be better for some people to just come out and say it but your hubby being a softy isn't cutting it.
    Anonymous

• YOUR PREGNATE> get all emotional on his a**. yell , cry . look all white in the face and whisper. that'll freak him out. . tell him "in two weeks . i will be painting the nursery. i will need you out by then"    . i had to get rid of my mother in law. dh thought every thing was dandy. when he went to work and she went to market i threw her garb into garbage bags and called a taxi. one of us was leaving. she flew out that evening. go get him mama. grrrrrrrrr protect your den.

tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 3:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009