In your opinion what is the best light weight compact stroller?

I am looking for a light weight stroller that folds pretty small and is not made cheaply. I would like something that will last a few years. My son is 5 months old and we are going on vacation with my in laws and we are all traveling in a mini van so I need something that fold up pretty small but I honestly do not want a cheapo umbrella stroller! All opinions and suggestions are welcome! And if you have a picture of how small the stroller folds up please post!!

Thanks so much!

krissy112

Asked by krissy112 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• We have a Bugaboo Bee and love it. We travel a lot by plane and car and it holds up well. Some consider it pricey (about $530, plus the cost of accessories), but it's been a life saver for us. My daughter has been riding in it since she was 3 months old. It folds up nicely, but takes up more space than a cheap umbrella stroller. You can visit the Bugaboo website to see videos of how it folds up. It's very lightweight, too. We LOVE it!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have a stroller that I haven't used yet (baby is due in May) but I bought it because the reviews online were great - a McLaren stroller (I think that's how it's spelled). You should go onto babies r us and read through some of the reviews - they are really helpful.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had a Jeep stroller. I loved it! That sucker could go anywhere! I went hiking quite a bit when my daughter was a baby, so it was great. It was very light and folded up to a decent size.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• macalaren is the best lightweight stroller for the car. bugaboo bee is the best looking though. also the quinny zapp folds up nice. check out dimplesbaby.com and you can see all the strollers
    saramam

Answer by saramam at 2:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009