When does labor start after losing your mucus plug?

When you lose it how long does it take before labor usually starts?? First baby...Im 36 weeks & I've been having more and more contractions, some have been very painful, theyre just not coming nonstop yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the begining of labor really doesnt have anything to do with the loss of the mucus plug. For some people it will be a day or two and for others it could be a few weeks.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• it could be a while i have even heard and my dr told me it was true that it can grow backi fyou arent dialated far enough .. if you have any contractions that are so bad that youdouble over or anything go get checked i had only one like that and turned out i was having preterm contractions they stopped them thankfully
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• All three times I went into labor, the plug did not come out until either the start or well into it. I have heard several times that the mucus plug comes when labor is near or here.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 1:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I lost mine a few weeks before labor started. It doesn't really mean a thing.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I lose mine during labor.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• there really is no set time. If you lose the plug, and don't have the baby in a week, it regenerates naturally. :)

You could be in very early stages of labor, non active, and it could go on for the next day or two- or next few weeks. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I lost mine the day I went into labor
    Anonymous

• You don't even have to lose the mucus plug before labor! It is not an indication of labor starting soon, could be hours, days or weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009