How can i wean my 1 year old off breast milk and make it easy on us both

My daughter has just turned a year old and i had agreed with my husbend and myself that i would breast feed for the first year. I have been offering other types of comfert to her and of corse regular milk in a sippy cup. but she still wants breast milk. any tips you other moms can give me?? another thing too is that anytime i also try to give her another option she does cry and daddy gets upset cuz he doesnt want his baby cring. and last i havent slept through the night since she was born is this because she is dependant on having breast milk every 2 hour or so?? PLEASE HELP!! anything will be appriciated

EKMartinez14

Asked by EKMartinez14 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In that situation I'd night wean and keep nursing. I night weaned my son in a week with the No Cry Sleep Solution and now he sleeps through. If you really want her weaned, drop a feeding a week until she isn't nursing anymore. Good luck.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• at that age it's probably more the comfort and connection she is looking for at night and not the breastmilk. of course it manifests with a need to nurse because that is what she is use to doing.

look into night weaning. i believe it's the dr sears baby book that has all the great suggestions for night weaning.
    also, get in contact with your local la leche league. i'm sure one of the leaders(or members) there can help. :)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2009