dating during seperation>soon to be divorced.

right now my soon to be exhusband and i are sperated and we are gonna be filing for divorce soon. i have been talkig to a guy and we are thinking about going on a date... i know its soon but its just one date. he'll never meet my daughter unless we are serious its a sure thing....
has anyone else ever gone through this??? i am torn- would it make me a bad parent??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say to be dicreet until the divorce is final. If your ex wants to be an a** he can get pics of you with another man before you are divorced and use it against you! Believe me I went thru it! He took pics and even hacked my online accounts and printed messages. Thank goodness it didn't matter because we had no kids, no house and we owned our own cars seperately, so he couldn't use them for anything. But since a child is involved, I would be cautious!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I did it and so did my fiance....
    We were both going through a divorce and now we are getting married.
    As long as you feel that you are over your X would I consider going on a date.
    Nobody wants to be with someone who has not sorted through their baggage.
    If your heart is free...enjoy yourself and have a good time..
    Make you a bad parent, I feel no....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My divorce took almost a year to be final, and I certainly dated while it was going on (but I didn't let the soon-to-be-ex know that!)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• IMO.... Dating is ok..As long as you are not going to get serious with a guy. I say that because your not even divorced yet,,and haven't given yourself time to get over your DH,,,soon to be EX.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sometimes I feel like I wanna date just to try and make myself be over him, but I dont think I am oor will be for a long while.
    Anonymous

• If that is how you feel..then I would not date yet..
    It seriously is not fair to the other person.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would be very careful with dating if you think your divorce is going to be contentious, like fighting over custody of kids for example. You don't want to give your soon-to-be-ex any ammunition he could use against you. You might end up with a chauvenist judge that thinks your a bad mom. Even if the dating is innocent, who knows what your ex could spin it into? Be careful!
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't see why it would matter if you are legally separated. And of course you should never bring the kids into it (divorced or not) until you feel the relationship is serious.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2009