Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it be a leak of some kind?

About 3 days ago I started getting headaches. My 10 year old did too. My 5 year old had one this morning and my 2 year old is asking like he doesn't feel well. After realizing this I remembered that a few nights ago I smelled something funny. Could it be some sort of leak? I know it's not gas since it doesn't smell like gas, it was just a weird odor(which I must be used to now since I can no longer smell it). Who do you call for that sort of thing? I think the gas company only checks for gas leaks...


Asked by Pauline3283 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

Level 2 (5 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Call the fire department. They will come in and test for carbon monoxide amongst other things, and they may suggest you all go to the hospital to be checked.

    Answer by lilbit837 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Call the fire department!! Get out of there and call them. It could be any number of things. I'd rather be safe then sorry! Good luck!

    Answer by boizmom at 2:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • I agree with boizmom. I would call the fire department.

    Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • OOOO that dos not sound good at all! I would pack up everybody and go to a friend family members or neighbors fro a few days until you can figure out what is going on. As for WHO to call maybe you local housing authority to start or public health department? Can be found in the government pages of the phone book. But you know sometimes gas doesnt smell like gas so maybe it is gas?

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Thanks! The FD is here now checking it all out. It's really weird. There is something wrong for sure...

    Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009