uumm does anyone have tooo many toys for there kids in there house????im cluttered am i the only one with this problem????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• We do, but alot of them are about to disappear. My family has a huge yard sale every year, so I'm gonna clean quite a bit out!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Me to mama... I have to go through them evermonth just to keep up.. Kids are so spoild anymore.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my kids have WAAAAY to many toys, but we just went through them and downsized them ALOT!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Besides weeding them out, you can load some of them into trash bags and store them in your storage area. From time to time, gather up more toys into a bag and drag out one of the other bags and the toys will be new to the children. If the toys are no longer the right age level, you can give those away (or save, if you will have more children.) The toys that are no longer played with because they are missing parts or broken, out they go!

Answer by Bmat at 4:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We have way too many toys for my 1 1/2 year old and 3 1/2 year old. I do pull out things as they are outgrown, broken, etc. Other than that I only have a few out at a time. I have a 4 way rotation so that each group of toys is out once every fourth week (approximately - I don't always switch every week). Each grouping has only 1 kind of blocks (Duplos, wooden building blocks, ABC blocks, Peek-a-blocks or soft blocks - I hate picking up tons of blocks), dolls or stuffed animals, 1-2 education toys and 1-2 of the many Little People sets we have. Books are available all the time. This keeps them interested because the toys seem new when they are only out for about a week at a time.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We are using a little different approach to weed out the toys. As our daughter receives a toy from birthday party, Christmas, etc. She has to go and pick a toy to take to a local hospital or charity. This way she learns that there are other children that may need the toys more than she does, because she will get new ones periodically. I would pick a number and have your child/children pick out that many toys to donate to a charity. Then find one locally maybe a church or something. I would even take your children and let them give the toys to the people. This way they can see how grateful the people are for receiving the new toys.
    Jadyn09

Answer by Jadyn09 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• that is an awesome idea, jadyn!! we go through the toys every so often, but they are all 'favorites' so it's a long process..... we're doing a yard sale in the month or so, and i can't wait!!!!
    love.life

Answer by love.life at 12:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009