How much formula should a 4 week old eat?

my son is 4 1/2 weeks old and he eats 4oz every 4 hours (like clock work) but after every feeding he cries and acts like he wants more like when i burp him on my shoulder he'll turn and attack my face trying to suck on my cheeks. we've tried giving him a binkie afterward but its like as soon as he realizes that nothing comes out he spits it out and starts to cry again.

I don't think he has gas because he's on a gentle isomil formula and we've used milicon drops before and there was no difference in how he acted.

Should i give him more? how much did your kids take at this age?

emily_w

Asked by emily_w at 2:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, give him more. I did the same thing at that age and when I took him to the pediatrician he told me there is no limit on how much we can give a baby. The baby decides when to eat and how much.
    Anonymous

• i would give him more...my son ate 4 oz every 2 hours and was still hungry....the doc said if he's not spitting it up, then give more to him.
    teen_mom_09

Answer by teen_mom_09 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• He's hungry! Give him some more! Babies (any age) should eat as much as they want. They are the only ones who know what's going on in their tummies!!!

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009