Obama is cutting Medicare Payments

Do you know who gets Medicare, do you care? How are your parents or grandparents these days?

The elderly get medicare and Obama obviously doesn't care about people who are in the last 1/4 of their life. He loves kids and young adults, wants them to have healthcare out the wazoo at our expense and he loves the middle agers because they are still working and he can take their money. But he is cutting medicare payments to Dr.s and Hospitals and will be increasing the elderlys deductables. This is definately the tell tale signs of social medicine where the elderly will not get the care they need or deserve after putting in years of work and paying taxes. The care they do get will cost so much the elderly will have no choice but to cut back on meds or even food to afford it. Is this the fair thing to do when the Govt. is busy spending like crazy?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• heatherama--

"Streamlining" is just a fancy word for eliminating!!! It's the Boiling Frog concept!

Why is it every time Obama opens his mouth, I envision Kaa, the snake from the Jungle book saying...

"Trust in me, just in me

Shut your eyes and trust in me

You can sleep safe and sound

Knowing I am around

Slip into silent slumber

Sail on a silver mist

Slowly and surely your senses

Will cease to resist

Trust in me, just in me

Shut your eyes and trust in me..."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Its not fair at all. We all will get old one day, but what can you do when you have a bunch of lunnies in congress who dont care and wont listen to the American People.
    Anonymous

• Unless you belong to the dominant party at this time. (sorry I have my dd on my lap)
    Anonymous

• Some how the libs will make this a good thing. Can't wait to hear it....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• First they tax the people to pay for their health care, now they don't give them the health care they were taxed for. It's not Obama or Bush- nearly all politicians are in is in on this. Now they are taxing us to pay for social security... but when we're old enough to receive it, they won't shell out.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if we saved our own money for retirement and health care. Although the Government does need to get their hands out of health care so that the prices can go down.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It's not fair. My mom is on Medicaire,and that is the only way she can get her meds to control her Epilepsy and Asthma. How nice our new "president" cares SO much about the elderly! I only hope when he is retired and on Medicaire, the sitting President doesn't do him that way. Or, maybe I do. Let him see how it feels. It's terrifying for these elderly people to have to decide between eating, or being well. Obama should be ashamed of himself. Sadly, he's not.
    Anonymous

• Can anyone say "anti-Christ"?
    Anonymous

• Daschle a friend of Obama's said the elderly should accept their fate. I have no doubt he would do this to them. Democrats are all about helping the ignorant and afraid that vote for them. I guess they know many elderly will wise up to him and not vote to reelect him so he can afford for some of them to die and not have great care.
    Anonymous

• Interesting. Seeing how a good majority of senior citizens on Medicare, are old-school, lifelong Democrats, and make SURE they vote in every election--local and national, how this plays this ought to be VERY interesting!!!

I remember many of my senior neighbors crying foul when Bush wanted to privatize Medicare and health plans, and all of the confusion over the changes Medicare has endured.

The fur is definitely gonna fly with this proposal!!! But, will they turn on Obama (the coveted Democrat) or will they just accept it?! THAT is the question! Obama better send in Joe "don't mess with me" Biden--I'm sure he'll be able calm the masses!!! lol

P.S. I'm laughing at the audacity of the Obama Administration, not the elderly. He got their votes, that's all he wanted from them, now he's gonna make them do community service in order to get some their supplemental income and benefits! Way to go BO!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• aren't medicare and medicaid the definition of 'socialized' medicine?

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009