my husband verbally abuses me,but is a good person at heart.im tired of hearing im not the brightest crayon in the box.And how i have peas for brains,does anyone else have a verbally abusive husband?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but if he was a good person he would not be verbally abusing you.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• maybe counseling would help.
    Anonymous

• I used to have one like that, I got rid of him. I didn't put up with it for long. I have since re-married and have been with this husband for 20 years. I don't deal with that kind of stuff very good. He has no right to treat you like that. And you shouldn't take it either.
    sassy78

Answer by sassy78 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i have spoke to him and he says hes going to get better but im still waiting.i have 2 kids no where to go.and i dont work.
    Anonymous

• How can you say he's a good person at heart??? No he's not. He wouldn't talk to you like that if he was. He won't get better, either. Not unless he absolutly has to. And then he probably still won't be a good husband. I'm sorry, but he won't change. You should try to find a job, something, anything. Well, not ANYTHING, but you know what I mean. Sitting around and waiting for him to act like a grown up will get you no where fast.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If any of you watch the show Real Housewives of Orange County, Jeanna had a verbally abusive husband she finally got rid of. Her friends say she still makes excuses for him. It's sad. What's worse, is her son treats her the same as her husband did. He learned it from his dad, Jeanna says.

It's not okay to abuse people. Verbal abuse is hitting with words. Hitting, period.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• verbal abuse often leads to physical abuse later in the relationship. a "good person at heart" simply does NOT say things like that to the woman he supposedly loves
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• greattttt i have more abuse to look forward to,i should just get a divorce shouldnt i?????
    Anonymous

• i have the same issue.
    hes nice.. good hearted.. then bam with the words.
    and yeah i agree they hurt sometimes.
    but to tell you the truth, yesterday i left him.
    im alone now and very lonely, BUT i guess i did the
    right thing.
    my own mother was very upset,
    because it was wrong what he did. luckily i didnt marry
    him yet. but yeah guys really have no respect and the more
    we stay with them while they "hurt" us, the more thats
    not going to teach them alone.
    you could give him one more fair warning, tell him.
    i always used to answer mine back and he would shutup
    but dont do that because i dont know if your guy might flip out
    and we wouldnt want that.
    but yeah verbal abuse is almost exactly like physical abuse.
    either way, your hearts getting crushed each time.
    so maybe you should just not talk to him for the rest of the day
    the second he calls you something.
    show him it hurts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i hate to say it but i am in the same position. i have no job, i mean i have family to go live with but what kind of life would that be for my son? not a very good one. he trys to make me feel stupid but the thing i have learned to do is ignore him b/c he says the same stuff over and over again and try to overpower me but i ignore him and it pisses him off and then he shutups. just make sure you dont' let him know that it bothers you that is his goal. he feels crappy about himself that is why he does it. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2009