WHAT DO I DO

I have had it with my daughter she is a special needs teen she has alot of problems with speech learning she is very sick all the time she has nightmares all the time from her bioparents who abused her badly she still drinks from a bottle and has temper tantrums she is allways crying or in the hospital i have had it with her i love her but i'm scared to be with her when she has a fit her father is never here when i need him i am sick and need to go see a doctor but he wont even watch her for me till next friday i love him and i know he loves her but i cant do it on my own i'm at the point where when she crys i don't listen to her or anything i'm so tired of her crying sometimes i'm scared i'm going to hurt her please tell me of any groups in New york i can take her to or anything i can do to e less stressed out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't know of any place you could go but does her father or other your family know about how you are feeling? have you talked to anyone you know like you are now?
    Lisalou321

Answer by Lisalou321 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think if you should call social services & ask what kind of programs are available to help you. there is help out there. check your phone book. i am sure there are respite care services available so you can be able to get out & go to appointments without her (through the state so its not something you pay for) If things are just way too hard maybe you can look into a group home for her or something? I hope things get better for you. There is help if you just look for it . good luck.
    Anonymous

• Wow, big hugs to you!!!! I really hope you can find some help! Deep breaths!!
    Anonymous

• I have talked to her dad only i have no one else to talk to no family he has his family but he lives with me on and off and during the rest of the time he lives with his parents he has a disorder his self and it seems like he uses it as a reason not to help me i want to just i don't know sometimes i don't want her i love her so much she is crying and like i am doing now i havent done anything lately and i feel so bad but i get so stressed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009